Our vision is to provide internationally accepted standards of care to patients.
Our mission is to alleviate pain and suffering and help patients get back to their productive state.
Dr H Dattu Rao is the chief Surgeon at South City Hospital. He qualified from Bangalore Medical College in 1969. He completed post graduation in MS (General Surgery) from Bangalore University in 1980. He completed super specialization in Urology (MCh) from Bangalore Medical College. He has extensive clinical and surgical experience and has worked in various capacities at government and private institutions in India and Middle East. He has held official positions at the Bangalore Surgical Society.
Dr Shalini Dath is the chief Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at South City Hospital. She completed her undergraduation from Karnataka Medical College, Hubli in 1969 and post graduation in Obstetrics and Gynecology from Bangalore Medical College in 1984. She has served in government institutions in India and Middle East.
Dr Roshan Dath completed his MBBS from Mysore University. He has undergone 9 years post graduate training in Trauma and Orthopaedics in the UK. He returned to Bangalore to set up South City Hospital with a view to provide quality healthcare at par with international standards.
Dr Roshan Dath has trained in Orthopaedics, Joint replacements and arthroscopy in world renowned centre of Orthopaedic excellence such as John Radcliffe Hospital and Nuffield Orthoapedic Centre in Oxford, South Birmingham Trauma unit (University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust) and Newcastle. In addition he has research and publications. He has presented his research findings at numerous international and national meetings.
Amit Kumar C. Jain, Roshan Dath, U. Venkatkrishna Rao, Kishore Kumar,
Harish Kumar, Suresh Kumar. Amit Jain’s Offloading System for Diabetic Foot Wounds: A Better and Superior Alternative to Felted Foam, International Surgery.Aug 2017(4), 2778-81
R Dath, AD Ebinesan, KM Porter, AW Miles. Anatomical comparison of porcine and human thoracolumbar vertebrae. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Supplement. In press.
R Dath, AD Ebinesan, M Al-Rashid, KM Porter, AW Miles. The anatomy of the porcine spine and its comparison to the human spine. The Journal of Anatomy. In press.
J Chakravarthy, A Ali,RDath, S Iyengar, KM Porter. Looking beyond the fracture! Management of osteoporosis by Orthopaedic Teams in the UK. The Surgeon Supplement. 2005; (03): S10.
DM Sirkett,RDath, AW Miles. In vitro biomechanical evaluation of three types of pedicle screws. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Supplement. In press.
- ” Publication rates from the British Orthopaedic Association annual meeting ” , S Thomas, R Dath, R Pratt British Orthopaedic Association annual meeting, September 2007, Manchester, UK.
- ” Citation and quotation accuracies in Orthopaedic journals “, R Dath, S Thomas, D Kramer Wansbeck General Hospital, Ashington, UK, September 2007.
- ” Displaced intertrochanteric femur fracture: is surgical technique or implant type the most important determinant of fixation failure? “, E Malick, R Dath, S Thomas, R Pratt 8TH EFORT CONGRESS, Florence, Italy, May 2007.
- ” Ten year experience in the use of Variwall nail in the management of unstable intertrochanteric fracture neck of femur “, S Thomas, R Dath, M Ahmad, S Asaad British Trauma Society annual meeting, Leeds, UK, October 2006.
- ” Comparative morphometry of porcine and human thoracolumbar vertebrae “,R Dath, S Hazarika, KM Porter, AW Miles British Research Society and British Orthopaedic Research Society 1st Joint Meeting, Southampton,UK, July 2006.
- ” Anatomical comparison of porcine and human thoracolumbar vertebrae “,R Dath, KM Porter, AW Miles European Orthopaedic Research Society 16th Annual Meeting, Bologna, Italy, June 2006.
- ” Early results of an external device for the treatment of intra-articular PIPJ fractures “, K Theivendran, J Pollock, R Dath, V Rajaratnam Federation of European Society for Surgery of the Hand (FESSH) annual meeting, Glasgow, UK, June 2006.
- ” The anatomy of the porcine spine and its comparison to the human spine ” , R Dath, AD Ebinesan, M Al-Rashid, KM Porter, AW Miles The Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland Winter meeting, Oxford, UK. January 2006.
- ” Looking Beyond the Fracture! Management of Osteoporosis by Orthopaedic Teams in the UK “, J Chakravarthy, A Ali, R Dath S Iyengar, KM Porter The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Quincentenary Congress, Edinburgh, UK, June 2005.
- ” In vitro biomechanical evaluation of three types of pedicle screws ” DM Sirkett, R Dath, AW Miles European Orthopaedic Research Society 15th Annual Meeting, Lisbon, Portugal, June 2005
- ” Looking beyond the fracture! Management of osteoporosis by Orthopaedic teams in the UK “, J Chakravarthy, A Ali, S Iyengar,RDath, KM Porter 7th Congress of The European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology – EFORT Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, June 2005.
- ” Micromotion characteristics of mobile and rigid pedicle screw constructs “,R Dath, DM Sirkett, AW Miles The International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) 32nd annual scientific meeting, New York, USA, May 2005.
- ” Comparative morphometry of porcine and human thoracolumbar vertebra “,R Dath, S Hazarika, KM Porter, AW Miles Naughton Dunn Club, Birmingham, UK, November 2005.
- ” An investigation into anterior column load ” sharing for rigid, locking and mobile pedicle screws “,R Dath, DM Sirkett, K El-Abed, AW Miles Naughton Dunn Club, International Convention Centre, Birmingham, UK, April 2005.